Intern Software Engineer
We are looking for a passionate programmer to join our engineering team in Tokyo as an Intern Software Engineer.
The intern will participate actively in many of our engineering projects and help prototype new technology based academic research, develop new functionality for our own products and technology, build proof-of-concepts, contribute to Lucene/Solr or other open source software, and may also have an engineering role in a customer project.
The intern will work on-premise in Atilika’s offices in central Tokyo, Japan, with our engineering team.
We are flexible with regards to the internship period and we can accommodate internships for 2 to 12 months. The start date and duration will be mutually agreed on with the intern.
We are open to both part-time and full-time internships.
We are offering an hourly salary of JPY 2,250. We also cover commuting expenses to our office.
- Good overall programming skills (Java, Python etc) and familiarity with recent trends and tools.
- Good overall Linux skills and familiarity with text and XML processing.
- Prior experience in information retrieval or computational linguistics is a big plus.
- Prior experience with Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, MongoDB, Storm and MySQL is a plus.
- Some level of proficiency in Japanese or keen interest is a big plus, but it is not required.
- A Bachelor or Master of Science degree in computer science is desired.
If you are non-resident of Japan a visa will typically be required. We can help on visa matters, but we can not promise to sponsor visas in all cases.
Please apply by writing us at moc.akilita@sreerac with a short resume.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!