Intern Software Engineer
We are looking for a passionate programmer to join our engineering team in Tokyo as an Intern Software Engineer.
The intern will participate actively in many of our engineering projects and help prototype new technology based academic research, develop new functionality for our own products and technology, build proof-of-concepts, contribute to Lucene/Solr or other open source software, and may also have an engineering role in a customer project.
The intern will work on-premise in Atilika’s offices in central Tokyo, Japan, with our engineering team.
The internship starts this fall and runs for 6 to 12 months. The exact start date and duration will be mutually agreed on with the intern.
We are offering a monthly salary of JPY 220,000 (USD ~2,800 or NOK ~16,300). Additionally we will cover commuting expenses to our office.
- Good overall Java programming skills and familiarity with recent technology trends and tools
- Good overall Linux skills and familiarity with text and XML processing.
- Prior experience in information retrieval or computational linguistics is a big plus.
- Prior experience with Lucene, Solr, Hadoop, MongoDB, Storm and MySQL is a plus.
- Some level of proficiency in Japanese or keen interest is a big plus, but it is not required.
- A Bachelor or Master of Science degree in computer science is desired.
Norwegian students are encouraged to apply. We are participating in the NJBIP 2012 Business Internship Program hosted by the Norwegian Chamber of Commerce in Japan and Innovation Norway and we can provide both a working visa in Japan and social insurance benefits. (Vi har to nordmenn i selskapet så du vil være i godt norsk selskap. :)
Apply by writing us at moc.akilita@sreerac with a short resume.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.